Saturday, May 24, 2008

2008 Citizenship Awards

The 4th Annual Citizenship Awards is a collaborative effort between The Hawai'i Hotel & Lodging Association, The Honolulu Advertiser and the Hawai'i State Department of Education. This exciting event recognizes one graduating high school Senior from each public school Statewide. Students are recogized for their spirit of Citizenship, of giving back to their school or community at large.

Kahuku Honoree

Gina Marie Ahue

Parents: Terry & April Ahue
College: University of Hawai'i at Manoa
Major: Business

Achievements:
Kahuku Yearbook Editor-in-Chief, State Science Fair Honorable Mention. Helped gir's water polo team reach the state finals for the past three years. Will complete five out of Kahuku's six AP classes.

Community Service:
Numerous community service projects through the National Honor Society and the North Shore Christian Fellowship

Character:
Gina is a friendly, supportive, dependable and an active member of the senior class. She is the kind of student teachers love to have in their classes. Gina is most proud of her athletic accomplishments. She participated in soccer and water polo for four years. She was named OIA player of the year as a sophomore, and all state tournament first team as a freshman. Gina is a very competitive person and doesn't like to finish second best. She is determeined to make sure that, as a senior, she helps her water polo team win the state championship this year. (Matthew Mumma, Counselor)

Mentor:
Lori Nishimura is an English and Yearbook teacher. From all the years I've know her, she has helped me realize my dreams. Her kind and loving character is always respectful, and I can look to her whenever I need anything. She will be a teacher I will remember for the rest of my life.

Personal Statement:
I am a very hard working and driven student. I try to put a lot of effort into everthing that I do. I come into situations with a positive attitude hoping that I can expand my knowledge more every day.

Hawai'i Hotel & Lodging Association Sponsor Member:
Turtle Bay Resort

No comments: